Sunday, September 11, 2016

Weekend Wrap-up

Hey everyone, how's your week been? It seems like the last few weeks have been dedicated to reunions with old friends. This past weekend, I got to hang out with my friend Ahmed and his wife, who are visiting from Japan. He moved to Osaka right after uni and only manages to come back home once in a blue moon, so it was great seeing him again. Our friend Jumi managed to join us too, and it's crazy to think that we've all been friends for over 10 years now, and that we originally met on an anime convention forum. Amazing the people who come into your life and manage to anchor there and become important to you.

Always good to see old friends

Souvenirs! Cute pouch and mirror set and green tea Kit-Kats


Also, last week was the end of the second cycle with my class (each cycle/semester is 6 weeks long and we stay with one class for two cycles, then switch to a new class), so I not only had to prep them to move up to a new level, I also had to say goodbye to one of my favorite classes ever. So last Friday, we decided to have a little party with lots of food and they even got me presents. So, so sweet :)


Hard to see, but tons of food

The cookbook is from the whole class, but the silk scarf, book, and chocolates are from individual students <3


For the school Olympics, they chose "Miaholic" as their team name. We came in last place, but had the coolest name, so... 
<3 <3 <3


It's been rather quiet here on my poor neglected blog because I'm busy prepping my classes for my subs. I'm taking a few days off for BoucherCon next week, so I have quite a few things to get in order, particularly since the semester just started and I have a brand new class. I'm going to try and have a few posts set to auto-post next week, so that I at least manage one post a week from now on.


Can't wait to let you guys know about my BoucherCon adventures! Take care!

1 comment:

  1. Oh yeah, I saw Ahmed was in town on FB! Bring your umbrella to NOLA!!

    ReplyDelete